The endeavor to form our board began in 1970. Jane Stevens, a founding broker, attended the meetings of the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors® and recognized the importance of building a local Realtor® board.
To accomplish the birth of the North Central Penn Board, individual brokers traveled from the western border of Potter County to the eastern border of Bradford County to drum up the necessary brokerage firms to meet the criteria set by NAR. At the time of our charter, NAR required at least five brokerage firms to create a local Realtor® board.
On May 9, 1973, the National Association of Realtors® chartered the North Central Penn Board of Realtors®. At time time, NCPBR’s region included Potter County in the west, Tioga County in the center, and Bradford County in the east.
- Glenn Bastian, Broker of The Real Estaters
- D. Bruce Cahilly, Esq., Broker of Trails End Realty
- William Connolly, Broker of William Connelly Real Estate
- Henry Dunn, Broker of Henry Dunn Real Estate
- William French, Broker of William French Real Estate
- Bob Kendall, Broker of Kendall Real Estate
- Virginia “Ginny” Smith
- Jane Stevens, Broker of Stevens Realtors
- Thad Stevens, Associate Broker of Stevens Real Estate
Due to the growing number of Brokers in Bradford County, offices located there decided to form their own Board of Realtors® in the late-1980s. Today, NCP and the Bradford-Sullivan Board of Realtors® work together to build the Realtor® brand in the northern tier.